Join us for the 2018 Statewide Gathering, held this year at Colby-Sawyer College in New London, NH. The Food Alliance remains focused on improving farm, fish, and food enterprise viability in New Hampshire, and therefore will offer a variety of workshops related to the work of the Action Teams and other Network Partners in the state.
Join us at the gathering to:
- Connect with others in the food system;
- Learn about and get involved with Action Team projects, some of which include: grassroots local foods education and marketing campaign; peer-to-peer conservation easement workshops and innovative funding for agricultural land conservation; identifying the gaps in the landscape of technical assistance for farms and food businesses; increasing low-income residents' access to healthy, local food through fruit and vegetable prescription programs.
- Learn about and engage with other work happening through New Hampshire's food system.
9:00 am: Opening Plenary
- Welcome from the New Hampshire Food Alliance and Commissioner Shawn Jasper
- Campus FoodShift: Farm to Institution New England and Colby Sawyer College
- Success stories from the audience
- Summary of Action Team projects to date
10:25 am: Break
10:45 am: Session 1 - Attendees choose an Action Team to engage with. Session 1 includes updates on team projects and networking activities.
Action Teams are:
- Market Development
- Land Resources
- Food Access (institutional purchasing)
- Food Access (consumer)
12:00 pm: Lunch
1:15 pm: Session 2: Attendees re-convene with Action Team from morning. Session 2 includes more chances for networking and facilitated activites around topic/issue of choice.
3:00 pm: Closing plenary
- High level takeaways from the Action Team sessions
- Regional context
Where: Colby-Sawyer College in New London, NH
When: Friday, March 9th, 2018. Registration: 8:30AM-9:00AM, Gathering: 9:00AM-3:30PM